Monday 31 October 2016

Character & Narrative- Intrim Critique

Intrim Critique

The intrim crit is done to see what progress has been done in the last few weeks as well as letting me be opened up to peer feedback on how to improve my idea and go further with it.

Core Idea
When I have been planning my work and ideas. The anamatic was done as well as the storyboards telling the story of the male zombie, losing his love when he comes out of the grave but after searching around, finds her. As I am a lot more confident with the female character compared to the male, I am going to switch the roles.This means the story can in essence, stay the same but with switched characters. This means the woman will come out of the grave, find her husbands arm on the grave instead of the flower. She will then go to find him and when she done, re-attaches his arm and he gives her the flower. I will storyboard this to i can see what the new story is going to be so I can follow it when it comes to making it.

The Set
As I have been struggling with how to actually assemble the set, even though i know what will go inside it. I asked everyone if they had any ideas. Most thought it would be overall easier and look more effective if the background were to be a green screen. I dont really know how to do this so it looks effective so I need to research further into what it could look and if i could make a better background in Photoshop than painted which I think I would be more confident with.

List of what i need to do now:

  • Character sheets
  • Individual objects to draw for the set
  • Draw out the finalised set
  • Turn around
  • Colour pallet tests for the characters
  • Build characters + set
Stop Motion Research
One peer told me about how the Corpse Bride characters were made which i will have to look at as i will be using fabric for the female and male characters so I would like to see if there are any tips I could take from the behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment