Wednesday 27 April 2016

Studio Brief 2- A Tale in the Sting- Starting Animating Process

Starting Animating Process

After doing the animatic, I knew i needed to film 4 different scenes. The kitchen, Outside, Bedroom and Desk scene. These all needed to create an animation story that could be followed, as well as, creating an animation that is sadly only 30 seconds long to create an advert.

After filming the 4 scenes, I found it was very difficult to keep in mind timings. Time moves very quickly within animation as every second counts and includes so much. This meant, I had to be very careful of how long each scene was, and how I showed each scene from camera angles.

To get some scenes to look less 'linier' as i have been told in the past my animation has been. I have created different camera angles to keep the viewer interested, and to give different looks to the animation overall. This means the outside scene will be longer than the others, as I am creating different angles for the character to move across the scene, this also lets me show the dog from other angles.

This will be a long process to cut out each frame from the filming I am doing. This is because many images are created within even a second, and I think some scenes, will have over 300 frames for the length of time they are needing to be. This means this will take up most of my time but will create a very different effect overall.

I thought of doing pixilation, but i didn't want the eye of the viewer to pay more attention to the character, than to the animal that is depression that is stalking him through each place. This means the character will be smoother and the rough outline will make it look unique enough for it to fit into the scene like a cut out.


No comments:

Post a Comment