Thursday 2 November 2017

Extended Practice- Study task 1- Extended Brief- Presentation- Statement of Intent

Extended Brief- 

Presentation & Statement of Intent

This is the Statement of Intent presentation we had to produce for this project and what we had to far to give a brief idea of the project.







At the stage of the presentation, I didn't know how much we had to be thinking of this project yet but now I have built a brief idea of this, I am exited to go forward and develop the story in full and produce a character & plan the stop-motion.

Here is the actual Statement of Intent that can show what I am going to do, why I am doing it and to what end.


For this Extended Practice brief, I will be producing a stop-motion animation that is between 2-3 minutes long. I have chosen stop-motion as it is a medium in which I will be wanting to go forward for in my career. As well as being passionate about physically building sets I intention to be able to show I can produce an animation with a wholesome story, engaging characters the audience will remember and animating skills, as they will be needed to make this story worthy of looking a high standard.

This animation undertaking, will challenge me and my abilities as there are ample amounts of things to do and I need to improve upon in this time frame. This means I will need to work extremely hard and effective to finish this animation by the deadline, but if a precise timetable is set in place, I know I can achieve this undertaking.

Context of Practice will link in with this animation as I am covering the subject of backgrounds and how they are just as significant as the character and story. With findings from my dissertation I can determine the best way to make my animation and set design as effective as possible.

The content I will produce, will show how stop-motion is not a lost art and that it can still be used to create animations within specific time frames, as well as keeping an original charming feel about the piece. This will be appropriate for me as a student as I can show people who haven’t thought of stop-motion, to try it and see what they can do, and fall in love with the industry like I did.

The story was something that took me a while to get together as I found it difficult to come up with one without a brief, as well as no guidance. Yet it did give me a chance to find some freedom. Although causing initial issues, I felt I have come up with an idea in which I can find passion for the next year until completion, as well as it being an interesting piece for an audience.

The story will be set in the Victorian times, within an old style shop that he has had his whole life. He finds a shop across the road is offering what he does but more modern but less quality so he has to find a way to keep his business, and keep making everything to the same standard he always as. He is proud of his family business as well as being a kind man. This is hopefully features of him I can get through in the character when I animate him. It’s important to show good understanding of acting when controlling a character because in a stop-motion its harder to go back if it doesn’t turn out right. This is just another challenge I will grow to face and work to make this animation to a professional standard. This is all what I intend to do this module.


No comments:

Post a Comment