Thursday 4 January 2018

Extended Practice- Study task 1- Extended Brief- Character Designs

Extended Brief- Character Designs

For the father I have looked into features present in victorian England, with the facial hair, rounded glasses and styled waxed hair. Through testing different shapes and features I found this character below to look fatherly, soft in the face and in-keeping with the failing shop owner but loving father that my animation is about. Below I sketched how his body would be foam under his fabric clothes, as his head will be foam latex. This will allow movement without excess weight and expressions within the face. As he is the father of the other character, I need to design the daughter so their is a similarity between them and they look related so this is something to keep in mind for when I design her.
Although after asking many peers about this character, they felt that he could be made more fatherly and have a better impact when made to stand out more. This is when I changed him to have a more rectangular face with his round glasses and scruffy beard, although as the story progresses more and ideas come along I may need to change him to fit the animation and his daughter more. 
Although I do much prefer him to the one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment