Friday 9 March 2018

Extended Practice- Study task 1- Extended Brief- Furniture Sketches

Extended Brief- 

Furniture Sketches

These were the first sketches I did a while back for the first two pieces of furniture I built. After this I sketched more of the furniture being built so I could see a reference when building, as well as design ideas that would look good. 



This was a much more complicated build so more more sketches were needed  to get a good understanding of the inside, arms, pull down top and different shape. This meant the sketch was used all throughout this process to get the final result.


This is the next unit that is a welsh dresser so needed more thought again as there were shelves as well as drawers. This was also another piece in the same set so each of these units will look the same as they are a linked set within his shop.

These are two more sketches done digitally using more colour. These are more units to bulk out the shop, but I am exited to build the woven front unit as this will show character, as well as the items inside through the slats. So this is one I will build soon and make it stand out.

 These are the final sketches of the units that I have set myself to build. These are more bulky units to fill with items to make the shop look full and more detailed. These will be in wood, whereas the items that are in the back or full of more props can be out of cardboard. These will be in the art-book to show the audience how I got to the final outcome and the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment