Tuesday 20 March 2018

Extended Practice- Study Task 2 - Portfolio Building- YCN- Frontier- Shot Tests& Poster

YCN- Frontier- 
Shot Tests & Poster
When coming to setting up the cliff and the puppet, she needed a way of staying on the rock. This is why I have also made her a harness. I made her this to look like the harnesses actual rock climbers use which let me have a reference when building. I used string to get the shape and tie around her legs to see if this would work, which it did.

Then I took it off and cut it to the correct length so the rope left over would reach the bottom of the cliff from where she was and higher. Then died the string so it was darker and looked more like the rope they use.

After it dried, I tied it around her to the correct position and glued it into place. 3 loops around the legs, 2 higher and around her crotch and hips, all looping around her belt hook before pulling it down to become the rope she has tied off for safety.

My partner is a climber so this really helped in making sure the cliff, harness and ideas for the character all look correct and work together on the rock. For safety pegs are needed to tie off the climber so if they fall they are caught by the pegs in the wall and are safe, I used dark blue pins for this as they could stab into the wall and actually 'pin' the rope to the wall to look realistic and as if she has shoved the pegs into the wall, which they have to do to make sure they are secure. 

This is before the pins just so I could see what the character would look like and how she looks when climbing and connecting to the cliff.

 


Once I was in the studio, I could also see how good the rock looked under lights and how the tones really come out to make it look real. Very proud of this and how it looks.
After conversing with my peer, we both designed some posters and designs to send in to give Fuller's an opportunity to see our ideas and see what we could accomplish with this idea.
Here is my poster, as well as a Facebook Page example and how we could design their idea and show people how it is a new drink, for new adventurous people.


No comments:

Post a Comment