Wednesday 4 May 2016

Studio Brief 2- A Tale in the Sting- Evaluation

Evaluation

This has been one of the hardest modules i have done. This is because i found i didn't enjoy doing it therefore, it didn't inspire me to do it and push it to be amazing. Even if i am not 100% happy with my final piece, i am still happy with certain elements. The backgrounds were a lot better than in my first project as i feel i have grown and come to learn more about environments from Visual Language. This meant they could be cleaner and more polished and professional than i have made them to look in the past.

I also really liked how the film clips turned out after i altered them and cut them out. The oil paint effect really helped them to fit into the scene, but also look like mixed media and stand out. This was a real experiment for this animation, which i really liked doing. It produced an effect i had not tried yet and really wanted to see what would happen. This meant i made many mistakes along the way, but it let me learn how to fix them and make them better by the end or in the future. 

The way i started the project started out good, but then i got stressed when the idea got lost along the way, this made me slow down and not work on this project as much as i wanted to. This was along with working on so many projects as there were 3 running with deadlines for the same time, this made it hard to work on them all and have them all get done to a good standard as i haven't fully leant how to project manage and work on them all equally.

Overall i am happy with the module but i wish i had more passion as i was working through it, But this gave me a lot to improve on in the future and learn to better myself and how i work, as this course is very difficult so it is important to learn to cope with the work load and how being handled.

In the future i will make sure to set out diaries of my work schedule so i had a time frame to work with for the week or days, just so i can keep on top of everything i am trying to accomplish. 

I was also told for my last animation, that is was too linear. I have tired to show improvements on this by showing different camera angles, as well as having the camera panning and moving around. This was to try and keep the interests of the viewers as well, this is so my animation can keep people interested enough to receive the help they need. I did remember all of the comments on the first animation i produced, on what to improve. I have tried to fix all of these issues in this modules which i hopefully have achieved as i worked to develop my skills further and show i have learnt from this year, which i have. At the beginning i couldn't use any software or understand how to animate at all other than stop motion so it was all new to me. This meant i had a lot to develop and understand, this i feel i have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment