Wednesday 4 May 2016

Studio Brief 2- A Tale in the Sting- Improvements & Small Evaluation so far

Improvements & Evaluation of work so far

One of the main problems i had within this animating process, was time management. As i am a first year, this is all about the mistakes i make with the projects, not just in content, but in how i approach them and work on them. I was relatively good at time management until the end of the year as all of the modules stacked up and the deadlines grew closer. This meant i was stressed for a large amount of this module so couldn't enjoy working on the animaiton. I can see this in the final piece, as there are many things i would change in the overall look and how i worked on it. 

I kept flipping from many different ideas for this task which meant, for the majority i didn't work as much as i could. This would be something i am changing straight away, as i have found i need to keep on top of everything which is why i am setting myself daily tasks and instructions on things to complete which has helped me greatly.

One of the other things i really wanted to change, would be the creature. If i were to redo this module, i either would have done it more as an entity so it seemed more threatening overall, or i would have made the dog much more detailed so it fitted with the character more. I am very disappointed in how it turned out, but i am a very harsh critique of myself so this makes me always want to change different elements of my work to make them better.

I am glad i got to experiment with elements i had not tried before. One would be the cut out film which i do like the overall look of as it looks rough and jittery which is the look i really wanted to achieve. This is alongside the backgrounds i designed. I liked making them look cleaner than i normally would so this is a style i will keep in the future and bring across to my next projects so i can add this element to them too. It looked like are real mix of media in the final piece but i think i liked that as it looks different and eye catching to the viewers we are trying to attract for Samaritans.

No comments:

Post a Comment