Monday 2 May 2016

Studio Brief 2- A Tale in the Sting- Difficulties with Creature

Difficulties

One of my biggest difficulties, would be working with the dog creature. This was for many different reasons. One would be the feedback i received about my idea. This really through me off and put me really behind on my animating as i lost faith in my entire idea, this has made me really unhappy during this module as i wasn't confident that the work i was producing was any good or even a good story.

In my next year, i'm defiantly going to have to stick to the idea i decided upon and which is best for me as this would have let me produce something i am more confident showing and saying i'm happy with. This was because i was told the creature shouldn't just be a dog, it should morph between shapes so it isn't just one thing. This made it so i got very unconfident with my concept designs as they were all shown to be dogs. This is however the animal i have stuck with, becuase that is the animal the history shows depression to be associated with.

This made me add the creepy purple hue around the creature though, as this was to show how the creature is infecting the world around it and spreading its pain onto the character. If i were to do the creature again, i wouldn't colour it totally in black though as this meant i couldn't show as much detail, this is why i would do it a dark grey to show the black outlines to be detail, or i would use white highlights within the black dog to show isn't features and depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment