Monday 30 October 2017

Extended Practice- Study Task 2 - Portfolio Building- Loopdeloop pt2

Portfolio Building- Loopdeloop pt.2

To start this animation I;
  • Started building an armature
  • Then added plasticine
  • Then did features
  • Sculpted eye lids
  • Made the prop
  • Started to animate
Here are the stages with images showing just what I did and how the character came together.
This is the finished animation, on a loop with sound.



Overall I really think I did well to finish this animation in the time as I missed the first 2 weeks due to illness, so I was able to catch up within a week and produce a funny loop that I was able to submit to Loopdeloop.

For the animation short, I only had about a week on my feet to complete it, this meant very little time for building and filming. After doing this though, a short animation if fine for plasticine but anything longer and the hands squish completely out of place. This is why, if I were to carry on using plasticine for quick builds, I will use liquid latex on the hands. As the brief was 'love is love' it was fun doing something more comedic rather than "lovey dovey". I haven't had the chance to do many so this was a good change. Another thing I will be challenging myself to do, would be lip syncing as this is what I still haven't had a chance to do so the learning potential would be incredibly effective.

Yet I am happy with the use of eye lids as this was also new territory so I can say this was really good to understand and use for the future. As this was only the beginning of the year, this was a good small animation to start off with, but still let me learn and get back into the swing of things. Now for the other animations, I will try and use other mediums and very different briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment