Wednesday 28 February 2018

Extended Practice- Study Task 2 - Portfolio Building- Character Design Challenge- Alice In Wonderland-pt2

Portfolio Building-
Character Design Challenge- Alice In Wonderland

This is the beginning of the rabbit. Starting with a basic wire in the shape of the rabbit, I added sponge and glue to bulk out the sections and size needed, at this point it needed propping up as the head was outweighing the body so taping it down was needed.



 This is the more bulked out puppet where you can start to see the body shape desired.


 Here is the rabbit on a turning board to show the body, the string is being used to hold the sponge together so it doesn't spring apart before drying, so after drying it can be removed and leave behind the body shape that can be carved into more of a curve.
 This is the body after being carved. He now looks more like the rabbit and can be felted to beild up the white and pink colour.


This is the rabbit ready to be felted.
 This is the beginning of felting where you build up poking in felt to gain the tighness and colour needed for the rabbit. It takes a lot of time to do this stage as you have to stab in the felt for a long time to get it tight and to cover the yellow sponge so this is going to be lengthy but hopefully better than the last puppet.





This is the white felted version of the rabbit, I was able to add a tail to the back of him so he looks more like a rabbit too. This took a long time because felting takes a while to do anyways, but also becuase it was white covering yellow so he needed many layers.

He is starting to come together though but I dont know if I will get this puppet complete because the major brief is such a large undertaking.





Although I am not able to finish this character, you can see how he looks more like a teddy from him large arms to fuzzy ears. This is good for if the character were to be for a children's version on Alice in Wonderland as they would be drawn to the character.

I am sad I could not get this character completed but I will finish him in my own time as I would love to see how I could get him too look as the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment