Wednesday 7 December 2016

Character & Narrative- Study Task 5 - Strike a Pose

Study Task 5 - 

Strike a Pose

Being able to convay emotion and narrative within animation is incredibly important. This is why this task was set as behind every character there is an animator who must understand the movements and emotions they are trying to convay.

As I am not an actor and really struggle with using myself as a model, which is why on every project I use someone else, but this let me try and use myself to show emotions using Moom. I do think i've vastly improved since last year when I couldn't even make him do a walk cycle. Since doing this I really hope to use Maya in the future on other animations, as the 3D element really adds to making an animation look more industry standard.

Here are the emotions i've chosen and the end result with the image of me as the reference.

Hunger



Awe


Pride


Envy


Surprise

Surprise ended up being the one I changed the most from the reference as I didn't feel I was exaggerating the movement enough to i've stretched the character so its more cartoon like yet able to show the emotion and impact.

Overall I really want to use this in the future as it wasn't as difficult as i remembered but I would want to improve on lighting and background as i'm still not sure how to use the tools correctly so I did as best as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment