Friday 30 October 2015

Studio Brief 3- Explore- Pixilation Animation and Evaluation

Final Pixilation and Evaluation


This is my final pixilation animation. I followed my ideas and storyboard about wanting to film an animation that was about a moving mannequin where its wondering about but then the owner comes home and cannot know it is able to move. Out of the animation themes i chose Lost and Found as my mannequin needed to hide and stay hidden from the owner so its like they have to be lost so they are not found.

I really like doing this pixilation as i had never done one before but i came across many fault and many issues that need improving if i were to do it again. I filmed this using my phone camera as i did not have a tripod so this made all the images come out overly jittery which is something i would change next time as i will make sure it is on a stand so that it is overall smoother, but also easier to understand and see what is happening.

Another big problem i found when i came to uploading my images was that i was told that when filming i needed to film in landscape instead of portrait which i had not realised so my images were the wrong shape. This is also why i ran into the issue with merging videos with my pixilation, they were filmed the wrong way so when the animation plays they are changing shape and getting smaller. This is very noticeable so i was angry that i could not change this when it came to putting it all together.

I did like that when it was presented in front of the peers that they liked the comic effect that the throwing of the mannequin added to the pixilation. As it was very un realistic and just a still mannequin being clearly thrown, it created humour and entertainment. I'm glad i included this but i am still sad it came out smaller than expected.

I also found i was able to use good camera angles, i used more in this pixilation then i did when storyboarding for Jack and Jill as i found more opportunities to add them into the shots and create a more visually interesting animation overall.

I don't know if i will use pixilation in the future or more go for stop motion but if i do use it i will change these errors with the filming and angles so it is more professional and just looks smoother with connecting frames. As a first pixilation and filming opportunity i felt i did ok and just found many things to add to new opportunities in the future, i will also now go on to find out how to change these issues in the uploading process as i did not know how to change the sizes but if i had more time i would go and ask different people how to do it or go online and find help. So overall this Pixilation has opened my eyes to how difficult and time consuming it can all be and how i can make silly mistakes that affect the final piece so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment