Tuesday 11 April 2017

Applied Animation- Lip Syncing 101

Lip Syncing 101

Lip Syncing is something I am going to tackle over summer and in 3rd year so this seminar was a real use for me to understand how to work it out. I have wanted to try it but never thought of how to work out timing, especially within stop-motion. So this is something that boggles me even now, so this is something I will be working out in my own time and if I can network with stop-motion animators as to how they work it out. 

For this seminar is was mostly for 3D and digital students but it didn't stop me form applying what Mat was saying to stop-motion, but it seems to be 10x worse when you are doing it physically, as digital fills in a lot of the gaps for them, whereas we will have to do it all on our own. This will be my real struggle.

These images are from different basic mouth pieces that could be done and what I want to attempt to do, especially the one above as it is simple. I want to try this as it would look good in a showreel, as well as showing I have the skills to understand how to do it.


These two images are from removable mouth pieces. These would be a lot harder to do and I wouldn't know how to build them to make them stay in without further research, but it is defiantly something to look into for more information and understanding of how it is done in the industry.

 Here I found a basic video that really helped with my understanding as I was lost in how I would work out timing of mouth movements, but what they have done, it do the movements in basic, digitally, and then gone through them frame by frame. While changing the stop-motion mouth accordingly to each changing mouth in the digital sound form. So this has really helped in how I would go about doing this and doing lip-syncing in general.
This is the link to the video. Which I will be using when I attempt this form of animating over the summer holidays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeNS-k9lz4k


No comments:

Post a Comment