Friday 14 April 2017

Applied Animation-Starting The Sets- Week 10

Starting The Sets- 

Week 10

After looking at the size of the puppets the girls are planning to make, I have decided that this set would be too small and difficult to animate within, it would only be the size of one of those boards as this is the size they agreed upon, yet they have made the puppets larger so to combat this issue I will be connecting the three pieces I have together to there is two on top and one of the base, this is to nearly double the size of the set that the characters will be moving around in. 
Here is the set once all of the pieces have been connected to make the base. This will be sturdy as the board below will support the weight. I have then painted it brown so it can look darker and more like a tree base when all of the leaves and textures are glued and placed within. I used acrylic for this as it is thicker and covered more of the base, and hardens it all.
















This is a closer look at the base sideways to understand what the base looks like.
For the larger scene, it is just covered in cardboard at this time with some formations to add texture and levels, this is why I will be adding sea salt, table salt and PVA so it can look textured like earth and stones, Because of the sets size, the small granules will also make the set look larger from their small size.
This was hard to do becuase I needed to add enough PVA for the granules to stay connected when I go over the top with paint later on, so it wont rip bits off. I also need it to all be sturdy as diggers will be going over the scene, so this will help everything to stay in place. From this angle, you can also see the small formations that add to the realism of the set, as the jungle isn't flat.



This is a closeup of how the gravel effect looks after being painted with one coat of paint, the first stage worked perfectly as the pieces all stayed in one space and I could go over them with ease. It also really helps to make this set have some character, which I think will look really nice once the trees are added. 
This is the whole set, with the texture and levels showing, which looks a lot better than I thought it would at this point so as soon as I can add trees, foliage and life, it will really bring in the character of the forest.

As the budget is so low as we are students, a lot of this has been trial and error, but this is all part of the learning and finding what works at what doesn't. So far it is all going fine but i know there will be some issues at some points so I just have to keep thinking of new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment