Friday 7 April 2017

Applied Animation-Second Intrim Crit- Week 9

Second Intrim Crit-

Week 9

This week we had another Intrim Crit. As we are doing stop-motion we didn't have much done other than the collection of materials, but other peers didn't have an anamatic yet so we were still ahead and on target for what we have planned in our ghantt chart.

During the intrim crit, I did mention that I had changed the design of the set within the tree's as the wooden frame I had wouldn't be big enough as the girls hadn't realised how big their puppets were going to be, so I had to change the sizes.
 This is the frame I had cut in the wood department, this was supposed to be the size yet when when next to the puppet below it seems too small, as this puppet is only the baby so the mother would be 1/3 -1/2 times larger than this.
For the larger set for the trees, I used one of the sheets of polystyrene I used for my last set. Although I found that you cannot pain or glue straight onto Polystyrene so I found a reel of thick tissue paper and covered the entire board. This meant that when I come to painting and paper macheing, it would all stick. After scrolling the reels over the board, I taped them down so it would be a temporary hold before painting.
This is the underside where you can see each strip and the tape that held it.
This is the board once I covered it in a layer of PVA. This hardened the overall board and made it more sturdy as Polystyrene can snap if bent so this will prevent it.
These two images below are from after covering the board with newspaper. This is a thicker medium when layered so it let me create a hardened base for the set to be build on. As diggers will be placed on this I need it to be able to withstand the weight.
The image cant show it too well but I have also added uneven mounds so the base isn't completely flat. This also lets me think of the base as being an actual location and gives a feel for what I am trying to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment