Friday 31 March 2017

Applied Animation- Oh Willy

Oh Willy

Oh Willy is a needle felted stop-motion that I have been closely looking at and analysing for both Applied and PPP. This animation took years to produce so I am not looking at this animation as a comparison, but using it to understand the medium they are using and how they get expression and movement from the fuzzy characters. Within my PPP blog I was able to show  images and behind the scenes into the sets and how they made the animation.
 http://adickinsonad258204-ppp.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/oh-willy.html

Before this project I had never even thought of felting as a medium, so going into this project, it really showed me how much could be done with stop-motion. We are going to be able to achieve a completely different aesthetic that we haven't been able to do before so this is exiting to be able to consider.
 I would love to try this medium for myself in the future and create some puppets of my own, because for this module the other members of my team wanted to do the puppets so I went for the sets, but I do want to do some in the future. This is also so I dont forget how to do my own, as I dont know if I am working with people for 3rd year. But I will be doing some felting and looking at what can be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment