Friday 31 March 2017

Applied Animation-Finding Materials- Week 8

Finding Materials- Week 8

This stage tends to be quite difficult becuase as students we dont have a lot of money like stop-motion companies, so what we produce will never look as good. Yet we will try our hardest to create a set with puppets that can look authentic for our animation world. As sets tend to take a lot to build, I had to take time to find whatever I could that would fit with the forest set, as well as the bulkier materials. These I would have to buy, like wood and a hot glue gun to make sure it is sturdy.

This image shows the materials I have collected or already owned before this module that I used on my last stop-motion animation. Here I have bought Chicken Wire for the smaller set, Wood, cardboard that resembles a nest that I salvaged from University. As well as sponge, PVA, Polystyrene and other smaller items I can use.
 Here are some felts I had from my last project. I thought about these that I had left, and becuase my team members were doing the puppets using a felting method, this would be good to have the set also in rough felt. Yet this is not the right kind, and getting the correct material wouldn't be possible on our budget. Even though this would have looked really might, this wasn't possible for this project, but it is something to try in the future.
These are some closeups from the materials I have for this project. Now I will go onto building the sets when I can make sure I have everything and I know how big my teammates puppets will be as this will change how the set's size will be determined. 













One of our team members owns some diggers, so I also need to know the size of them so the larger set can also be built better.


No comments:

Post a Comment