Sunday 26 March 2017

Responsive Collaboration- Layout Progression- Adding More Detail

Layout Progression- Adding More Detail

This week was spent laying out more of the detail from within the cards, like text, BEAR and smaller elements. This image below, is where I left off. As you can see, there are still many things to add and design so I will be working hard to get much more of the cards base down for the template.
As one of the other girls in our team is doing the characters and backgrounds, they needed the size of the box, they needed to fill. This was the basic shape they would need to have filled so I sent them the approximate size. This means they are producing the work needed for us to complete this project in time so I hope they can have them done quick as it is very stressful working in a team you cant talk to and might not get along with if work doesn't go well.
This is the character with their background on the canvas background. I am having to make it smaller and change my background as it goes over the edges, but it also covers the nails, so I will swap these over so the nails are on top. This way it will really look like the image was placed on top and pinned on a board.
This is the text one of the girls within the team created, they didn't like the text I produced so decided to do it and I add it in. This wasn't that much of a surprise as Typography has never been one of my strong points. As long as the cards look as good as we can make them, it will be a good result. This box is to show the real name of the phobia. As the cards are for 4-9 year olds, saying the words seemed like it would be very useful, below the word you can read the pronunciation of how they can say each section of the word. This also aids the educational element of the cards.
This is BEAR. The main character for the cards. We have done more than most have done for the cards in the past as they said BEAR needs to be the main character, so we have added him to the front and the back. This shows we understand the brief BEAR has given us. I have placed the character so it looks like he is talking and speaking the interesting facts the the children. This also makes the character more fun for the children when receiving facts and information as they normally think of this as boring, as it is learning.


This is on the back of the card. The facts are in the bottom box, being spoken by BEAR and the armour box above is showing jokes to make the audience laugh. One of the girls within the team looked up the facts, whereas I researched the jokes. There will be one joke per card and 2 facts.

These are all of the jokes I found about each of the topics and fears we have found.
This is a closeup of the quill and ink pot. These are a small element on the card to further the theme we created. It took me a while to do the quill as I couldn't get the look right but I am very happy and proud of how it turned out.


Numbering the cards was made very clear to BEAR as being important as it makes the cards collectable. Here I have added a number to the scroll but after looking at it from a distance, it looked too bold and I wanted it to seem like it had been written on the scroll not placed on. This is why I redid the writing in a paler colour to blend in more.
This is the text that looks better than the one I did above as it looks like it belongs on the card instead of added on after.

No comments:

Post a Comment