Sunday 26 March 2017

Responsive Collaboration- Layout Progression- Beginning

Layout Progression- Beginning

After deciding upon character designs for these final cards, one of the members went away and coloured them as she didn't want to wait till the end and not have enough time. So I will be placing and figuring out the layout for these cards and putting in the finished designs. I will also be doing the text boxes for all of the elements so this will come later down the line.

This is the final design of the BEAR bear who is holding our logo, showing the children holding the cards, which set they are looking at as there are many different themes BEAR have created. I started making the card shapes to what I had decided was the best when we started this project, then added in the background which was wood with a banner over the top to suit our theme of being protected with armour.

I sent these designs to the group, as I didn't want to fully complete the design and them ask me to change lots of things again. This is the front and back done with a banner, wood background and BEAR logo. After sending this, they said the bear might be better on the opposite side. This I actually something I was hoping they would be ok with as the sword is i the way and takes up more room so this is an easy change.

One of the members who designed the banner thought seeing it there, it needed to be a triangle on one side so it is like the banner is ending, this is also something I can change but as I dont have her brushes on Photoshop, it will take more time to do.
This is when I swapped over the BEAR logo and did a quick outline of where everything will go and the placements of it all. As you can see the BEAR looks better and smaller in the right hand side as the sword isn't in the way.
Here I have been making more development additions. I changed the banner so it was more of a triangle base, this meant it can have more visual interest on the page that will be filled with facts, this shows it is more full of design and ideas, which is what BEAR wants.

Here I have added shield boxes on the front and back to further our shielded protection theme from fears. I have also done fabric boxes of canvas' with rips and nails for the facts to be placed upon, as well as the characters on the front. On the back it is the same but held up with an arrow, this is so children will have more to look at when they are looking at the cards. I have also started upon the sword, I have done the hilt but need to add in the sword head which will have more of a texture so the words on the sword will stand out.

Here I have highlighted the placements of all the words as this will show my team where everything will go. When I sent this to the team, they liked how it all looked and the girl who asked me to change the end to a triangle of the banner, was happy with the result and how it looked.
Here I have also added in the sword design. I am happy with how this turned out as it looks 3D and has a shine to it, this was so it could stand out and draw attention of the child, as this is where the title will go. I also added in an ink pot on the bottom left, this was to further the theme and elements of the card. These are on both sides to carry on and keep the child's interests. As BEAR wanted the collectable element to be something of an importance when designing the cards, I designed a scroll in the bottom left hand side of the front of the card. This will hold the numbers of the cards as it shows the importance of the cards number value.


No comments:

Post a Comment