Sunday 26 March 2017

Responsive Collaboration- Final Designs and Pages

Final Designs and Pages

When the team member who did the characters gave me the designs, she hadn't done the backgrounds yet. This was when I tested the character on the cards, as I was seeing if she even needed to do them. Although after looking at the characters, they dont look right without their background behind them as they look too empty and out of place. I sent these to the girls and they agreed that they didn't quite look right.
These are what the cards look like at this point. 
As we wanted to go further with making our cards collectable. I decided to do a poster. This poster will be letting children collect stickers with each card, where they can scan a barcode and go to the poster online with new stickers each time to add. Here I have drawn the packet of one of BEARs products. This is the back of the packet. I have added their original symbol as this would be their outside packet, that we will not change.

Apart from at the lower half of the back. I have added the BEAR of our design in his helmet, as well as a barcode. One, a child could scan with their parents and go to the poster to place his armour on and find more armour, from other cards.
I am adding smaller elements from the cards as to keep the overall theme going, and fill out the poster so it doesn't look blank, boring and plain. I wanted to keep it fun for the children who would be wanting the poster.
On the back of the cards will be the title in large letters. This is so children can understand what the cards are about and wont be confused about the information they are receiving.

I have also added in a gold metal pole for the banner on the upper right. This will have information on where to find the poster. It will also have individual colours for each card.
These are the banners for the website that follows the barcode to the same location. Each one is a different colour, that are bright and colourful. This also furthers their individuality and makes them more collectable.
Here are 4 examples of the colours I have chosen, while making them more pastel tones as the other ones before I tried, were too harsh with the theme we have.
When making the cards and getting to the final designs, I wanted to check the sizes as the cards are smaller than I thought when I was researching. This is the size of the cards on an A4 paper. I used this when building the cards, as it helped me to figure out the size of images, text and elements on the packet.

No comments:

Post a Comment