Tuesday 21 March 2017

Responsive- Loopdeloop- Chicken Designs

 Loopdeloop- Chicken

Loopdeloop's theme for this month is chicken. I was unsure of this brief when it was set but after sketching and drawing, I found it to be very open and I was able to let go and start designing different chickens straight away. For this project I feel i've changed as an artist in a positive way. I have been too precious about designs in the past, so on this I let go and started inking random different chicken designs. This turned out to be really useful for me as there was no going back once the ink was on the page, so I could draw more and not worry about needing a rubber and them being prefect.
This is the coloured design which makes him seem more alive, this was when I decided to do a few different variations so I had different designs to choose from.
Here are another two in different positions. At this point, the animation was going to either be him flapping him wings and making a weird noise to throw the audience off, so bringing in a comedy element, or having him plonk down and make chirping noises. Each design I did I loved becuase each one had a different overall personality than the next, this made it hard for me to try and decide which to go for.

This is another inked design of a chick, he turned out very cute which makes me want to choose him, yet I dont think I should make another cute one as this was loopdeloop's last theme so I shall steer clear from this, this time.


This is the final design I am going for, for this animation. As you can see, he isn't as cute as the baby chick, he more resembles an out of shape, middle aged man chicken. This is why his design appealed to me so much as he was weird and different. I have been thinking of what to do for the animation for this design, and the ideas keep evolving and changing. As we have many briefs on the go at the moment I dont think I will have time to do the design I originally wanted to do though.

The animation would start where Fester is in bed, he will wake up nervous and worried. Then montage music will start and he will be getting pumped doing work outs and stretching. Fester will then go on the roof and screech like cockerels do. He will look extremely accomplished and come back down all pumped, before going back to bed and the loop continues.
This is Fester in pencil to make him more detailed and easier to see. Looking at these designs, I am happy with him and now I am going re-draw him on Photoshop to sketch in the movements needed as I have chosen to do a walk cycle towards the camera where his body is swinging, his comb (on top of his head) will also be swinging and flopping with his body. So his walk will turn into more of a 'swag' towards the audience.


I really hope I can finish this animation before the deadline as I love his character design and the amount of movement he will be having within his frame. It has been a very long time since i've done a walk cycle as well, so this was a learning experience throughout.



No comments:

Post a Comment