Wednesday 29 March 2017

Responsive- Loopdeloop Chicken Animation

Responsive- 

Loopdeloop Chicken Animation 

When sketching and getting my animation together, I needed to distinguish the colour of the feet so it was easier to understand, so I coloured one leg red, so I could be sure which foot had been in front of the last. At this point, I was still trying to do more work on in-betweens so my chickens body flowed more smoothly.
 As I was adding in details, I added in the facial features and smoothed out the lines so they weren't basic sketches. This helped me to see any mistakes or lines that didn't work.
 When adding colour, I started with the feet so I could see the colour on them to try and work out if the legs are working in a walking motion.
 This is the fully coloured chicken. He looks a lot better in colour as I can see him more clearly and understand his motions better, but he looks how I envisioned him to look for the start so I am happy with the outcome.

This is a clip of the rough animation currently, but I am not happy with the background as it doesnt look like he is moving properly. As I am running out of time, a basic background is what I will need to do but if I had a lot of time, I would do a rounded base coming away from the screen to add depth and make it look like the chicken is constantly walking towards the screen and over a hill.
Here was another idea a peer gave me, as I was designing a sassy walk, he could be coming down a catwalk for chickens and add more of a comedy element to the animation. This would take too long as I would have to work out how to loop the animation but I will have to leave this idea and maybe come back to it in the future.

This is the final animation of a looping walk cycle of my chicken, the background is basic and it concentrates more on his walking and shows a lot of motion from the body. I am happy with how he turned out as I didn't have a lot of time, becuase of other projects, to complete him. Yet I am incredibly happy I did finish it.

This is the box to submit the animation on Loopdeloop. As I have submitted this year already, I knew what I needed to do so this didn't take to long to do. As it is a gif, I needed to put it on Tumblr first as they need to know it isn't too big, but this was easy and also didn't take much time.
This is just a screenshot from completion saying thank you for submitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment