Sunday 26 March 2017

Responsive Collaboration- Critique and Changes made

Critique and Changes made

This is a page where I added all of the characters one of the members of our group has done, as she is in charge of characters. She has been very difficult to work with though as she doesn't do much work in her own time for this. All of this work was done when we were next to her so this has been difficult to manage with our time constraints, but when she does draw, the designs are really good and work well with the themes we have chosen.

 These two images below are from when I was adding these characters into the card layout. As the other team member wants to do colour, I have not lined these designs or added any colour as this can be added in her stage if there is enough time left. These cards are for the clown theme and the spider theme as BEAR didn't want cute so we haven't tried to make everything overly friendly, as this isn't how the company want them to come across.
 These are 3 of the card designs showing the themes of clowns, dogs and spiders, as these are the designs I was given but she hasn't finished the other two designs yet. I have added more detail to these designs, like the titles in rough, the card numbers, fact sections and a fear'o' meter, to add in some creativity to the designs. From these designs, they look creative and you can tell they are from the BEAR brand.

From the first designs of the cards, my team members told me to change the designs as there were too many straight lines. This was done as I thought, as illustration students, they would prefer this but it was an easy change to make, so this is when I added the characters to see what they looked like and the next day showed my team.

Intrim Critique

After showing my team, it became clear they weren't very organised with their plan. They had completely changed the ideas and themes as they are both from Illustration and I wasn't during their lessons every other day. This was annoying as it became like working with a client, where their ideas are more important than yours and they keep changing their minds. I did agree with some of their comments as they mentioned that the fear'o' meter was like another card, which I had not seen but was something the BEAR company had used similar to so this was easy to change. The theme we are also trying to show is about protecting children with armour, so this is something that can be enhanced and made more clear with more references to armour, shields and old worldly designs.

From the crits with other groups, we got feedback on how to show the collectable element, as we were struggling to place the sticker, so they suggested  using a bar code and having the poster as a separate print of that they could collect the armour for over time.

This made it clear we need to get more work done and work together more as I dont want to have to waste too much time just re-doing designs because one of the group members is very pushy. This is why I know I need to stand up for what I have done and my designs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment