Saturday 22 April 2017

Responsive- Character Design Reference- Carnival of Venice

Character Design Reference- 

Carnival of Venice

This month in the Character Design Challenge the theme is Carnival of Venice. This is to do with the carnival celebration that Venice holds each year. This is the mood board to show what my thought processes would be for this month. With the big dresses, eccentric masks and vintage overall look make this theme endearing for me. Yet coming up with ideas, has been harder for me than I thought.
These are some sketches I have done for this theme. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do an extravagant woman or a dark witchdoctor assassin, this is why I have not produced a final piece for this month. That an with other work deadlines coming up, it has been difficult to juggle the different tasks and modules at the same time.
 This is a further page of ideas. I really liked the image I had for the Witchdoctor as the overall piece would be moody and mysterious so this would be the design I would have chosen if I had the time to complete a character. Although I hope to do the next months theme instead as they really are useful in furthering my skills in character designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment