Friday 6 November 2015

Studio Brief 4- Apply- Final Animation & Evaluation

Final Animation & Evaluation


Here is my final animation that is in the genre of love. I found this task to be very interesting because i have done it in hand drawn animation style. I found this to be very difficult overall because you have to draw each slide, and when it is going at 12 frames per seconds, it all goes by very quickly.

I found the run cycle to be quite hard because of all the different frames needed for each body movements. When drawing these, i decided to leave them looking sketchy and rough because i like the overall effect it gives and the tones created from the slightly sepia toned background and the black and white characters.

The purpose of this animation is to show love. This is shown by the two lovers running into each others embrace which is quite obvious. I also added the spiralling effect because when you love someone you entangle yourself with them and become one, this is why they are shown fluidly spinning and merging into a heart shape before hitting the ground where they re-emerge.

I found for this task we were given enough time because it was just under 2 weeks, the only time i struggled with time was trying to get it all scanned in and edited so it was to a good standard that i am happy with. 

This does not mean i would not have improvements. I would colour the characters with a pen and ink lining so that when they merge the pen and colours all mix so its like the couple really do become one at some point so it adds to the overall story i am trying to portray. I do feel the theme does come across however because its very clear they are a couple and are in love therefore showing the theme.

I think next time i would do this on Photoshop, This is because the animation paper is very hard to keep neat and tidy, with no creases or smudges, so if it was on the computer it would be clean and a lot easier to draw and edit each stage as i could do a whole lot more with the software that i could not do on the paper with such a short amount of time.

I think something that went wrong to begin with would be that i worked out that from my design, i would finish early with a few more seconds that i needed to do. I amended this by adding more to my overall ending so that the couple re-emerge out of the pool on the floor. I do prefer this ending compared to them just being fluid as it is more of a complete ending and not something that could look incomplete.

Overall i am happy that i completed an animation that was 5 seconds long, at 12 fps and that was something that i was proud of. Even with many things to improve on, as a first attempt at a full animation with a story, I think i did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment