Wednesday 11 April 2018

Extended Practice- Study task 1- Extended Brief- Street Construction

 Extended Brief- 
Street Construction
For the beginning of the animation a street scene is the opening where the shops can be seen and the neighbouring shop is the competition. This is when I needed to work out how to build 6 shops.

I started by quickly looking at sizes and how big they needed to be and what shapes of windows and doors to do. I figured out a sheet of foam board for each would be a good size.

I also spoke to a diorama set builder who gave me this idea (Eddie Putera) To use egg boxes for the texture of bricks so I have been collecting them for this.
Here you can see how it adds to the look and adds a good texture.
Here is the main Albright shop and how the tall double window goes up the left and the circular window is above the door.
I am using coffee stirring sticks for the window frames.



I have used foamboard for the windows that are shaped as they give structure and support for the window frames.


Addnig matchsticks for individual window frames.
This is an example of 1 of the 6 shops nearly finished. It needs to look old and tattered compared to the new one across the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment