Thursday 12 January 2017

Responsive- Character Design Reference- Harry Potter

Character Design Reference- 

Harry Potter

For the Character Design Reference Challenge, the theme was Harry Potter and as soon as I thought of Harry Potter, the fourth movie Goblet of Fire. This movie had a scene where Harry went into the lake to save his friends. This lake had mermaids within it and I really wanted to re-design and draw these creations.

A few years ago I went to the Harry Potter studio where they showed the concept designs for these creations which were immaculately done and showed the different looks they could have ended up having. This is what also inspired me to do this character design.

Here is a mood board and reference sheet to show what they looked like and what other interpretations of mermaids are. Some beautiful and colourful, others dark and evil. I think I am swaying towards the darker overall look.
This was a quick sketch of the pose and trident I would like to include on the character design. This project I would like to use some paint as I haven't done many characters in watercolour so far so this is something I really want to get back into doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment