Wednesday 25 January 2017

Responsive- Character Design Reference- Hippie

Character Design Reference- Hippie

As like most briefs, I started out doing a mood board. As this months challenge is to do a Hippie, I was looking at bohemian styles as well as the motion on dance from old images from the 60's. I then started thinking of doing a chilled out ram hippie which is why I also put them on this mood board.
This was the first sketch I was thinking when I got this project. I loved how it was coming along and I will defiantly go ahead with this design and finish it, but I needed more time than what I had and I wanted to put more effort into this design as I have never done this animal before. This is why I went for a human as this would take a lot of time to do the fur well.
Here is the female character I designed. I am not sure about her overall pose but I am still happy about how the torso, face and hair turned out. This was fun to do as I got to work with a lot of colours and flowers to create her. I am proud but I can defiantly see room for improvement but doing these challenges are really helping to let me create characters to different briefs.
This is the proof of submission. Because of the sheer amount of people who enter this competition, it is a Facebook group that thousands can enter into. This is a good place to also see different peoples interpretations to the different briefs given.


No comments:

Post a Comment