Wednesday 18 January 2017

Responsive- Loopdeloop- Cute Research

Loopdeloop- Cute Research

For this animation, I am doing a short that will look like an old arcade game with a character running through the map. My character is a llama going after red apples, but this is no different than Mario going after coins. I want the animation to look like the beginning demo before the person can actually play. As this opens up the opportunity to take the animation further and turn the elements into a real game for a phone.

 This is another 2D arcade game showing how the levels looked and the background. I have a different style to this, but it was interesting to see that all of their elements look like they belong. This is why it works so well becuase no matter how pixilated, it wont matter to the audience if that is the style it is going for.

This is the two motions that Mario mainly does. I have been thinking about this for a while as a llama has 4 legs, so I will have the characters legs together and moving forward and backwards, oppressively to each other. I have looked at many character walking from pixelated games and they all look different but very much so the same and simple compared to todays games. Yet this seems like the best way to do it for me as it is the first time I will be attempting this.
 I will also add in a menu screen which will enter the person into the game and set the character off. This is Mario's, but I want mine to be like an old switch that looks slightly steampunk, to match the lighting my animation will have.
 This research has let me understand what I am wanting to do more for my animation as a whole. I have never paid too much attention to how the characters have moved becuase when playing you are too busy looking ahead so this was a really useful experience as it taught me to pay more attention to the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment