Sunday 6 March 2016

Studio Brief 2- A Tale in the Sting- Anamatic

Animatic

For this animatic, I used the images from my storyboard and stretched them to create a still animation. As I created my storyboard in Photoshop, I was able to create subtle movements within the storyboard, that really helped to show what was happening and moving within this animatic.

As I was adding all of the images together, they ended up looking dark. This does help set the mood and how the person within the animation must feel, but gets a little hard to follow after watching it all. When producing the animation I will make sure to set it out, in a way that is easy to understand and read the story of throughout.

After looking at how this plays and showing my peers and tutor. They all felt it moved too quickly as the theme I am trying to show, moves slow and steady. I totally agree with this after watching it a few more times, and have decided to cut some of the scenes, and lengthens the ones i have for the final animation. This will give a different look overall, that is more about the journey, rather than lots of small scenes jammed together. 

In the final piece, I will have the kitchen scene, to begin with, then the outdoor, bedroom and final desk scene. This will allow me to include more movement from the character, as well as create more lasting atmosphere that I will pair with music, to create the slow moving but painful feel for the character within it. 

I also showed my peers my ideas and back story, this lead them to believe the dog may not be read as depression. None of them are sufferers so it would be harder for them to see it, but i will try to create a powerful hue around the creature that will get bigger as he does, this will show that as the depression gets worse. So does the feeling of weight upon the person.


No comments:

Post a Comment