Friday 15 January 2016

Process&Production- Final evaluation

The Other Side of a Hard Worker 

This is my final animation for the Other Side called The Other Side of a Hard Worker. I found the process of animating this to be a lot harder than i had first thought as it was so much more time consuming than i originally planned it to be. Although it is not perfect and i would change a few of the scenes to be better, i am still very proud of my final result. I am also happy i am handing in a complete animation with lots of sound that adds to what is happening and makes it seem more professional.

I would change a few things from the final outcome as i feel i could make them better. One would be the lever scene as i think i could have created more detail with the character even though he is at an angle, but also the lever moves but i couldn't move it down without it moving on a few of the pulls. As i could not work out how to fix this i dont mind that it moves, as it adds to the style that my whole animation looks like. I would also change the cog scene. Although i am glad that i could achieve the effect of someone turning a cog correctly, but i think i could have made the character more consistent all the way though and make it look more professional. I think this would add a better look to the overall piece and i wouldn't find as much to critique from my own work.

I found lots of different sounds very early on which proved easier than expected as i thought i wouldn't be able to find factory sounds as easily as i did, but i am very happy that they go with the animation as well as they do. This is because when listened to, it sounds like when the character is outside, the sounds are farther away and when the scene has machines right in front, they are loud and very effective. So i do believe this adds to the animation and the atmosphere that is created.

With the next animation that i start, i will defiantly apply some of the knowledge i have gained from this process as i feel i have grown in understand animation and how to approach the whole production. One thing i will make sure to remember is to keep on top of documenting my way though the animation process, i will remember this because it helps you keep on top of what your doing but also helps you write down problems you have come across along the way so when finished, you can look back at what you struggled with and apply this to the next project.

I will also improve on my actual drawing skills as i feel in sections where i used different software, it looks worse as i used a cintiq for the cog scene on some of the frames and it really didn't work for me as it is on an angle, which i found difficult to work on and work with. So i will just use my tablet on the next animation and use it often to try to get better with using it and improve my drawing skills constantly as i have not done much digital work in the past, which is also why i struggled with the animation. Even though i do feel my time management was very well done for the production of my animation i could still have done it earlier but i finished early and it was complete so i feel this was good time management, but my documenting needed to be done at the same time so will make sure to do them at the same time next time.

Overall i am still proud of the work i have produced but i have many things to add to my next project so this was a very useful animation to do as i now understand better, what goes into creating animation and how stressful it is working to a deadline with an animation task. I hope to create a much more visually appealing animation in the future,  as well as working on my documentation a lot more frequently so i keep on top of all of my tasks and become a better animator from this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment