Tuesday 19 January 2016

Visual Language- Set/scene/Sequence-Studio Brief 1-24/24

Exploring Mediums & Characters

This top piece is of a banana character thats skirt/ peel is flying up in a Marilyn Monroe classic fashion. I really like this design as the face is very basic but cute and the pose is to show how the peel looks when it is peeled. The pen works nicely as well as it is dark in areas that contrast the light of the outer peel. I would have used lighter colours if i were to do this again as i feel the shading is lost in areas from the tones being too harsh.

The second one down is done in coloured biro and pen and ink. I really loved how this turned out and want to use this medium mix in the future. The basic banana shape is so i could show the different colours from the skin and the banana itself. In the storyboard or designs done up to it, i will use this medium to try to show different effects.


This top design was done in a really good medium for me. Pen and ink lets me show texture, colour, tones and shading. This all added to the final design and how the piece looks overall. I designed the banana skin to look like an octopus with tentacles as i was looking at peel when it doesn't have banana in it and this is how it sits but with the skin flopped down. So this is how the design came about. 

This next design was one i thought of from the start, it was a character that was using the peel as clothes and it was un-dressing to reveal a human bra. This was a funny take on the banana. I was just trying out the medium but i would have used a darker colour next time as it distracts too much from the overall design. I do like the strange face though as it looks weird yet something i'd want to draw. 
This design is another i have been thinking of since the start. I got the idea from my mind map about banana splits and how it could be a banana doing a split. I had the thought of the hair going up into a curl style afro but it didn't turn out quite correctly and could have been better. I would also use brighter colours so the tights and banana boobs stand out more and attract the audiences eye more so.
This is the final design i draw and is one i will use for my extended developing ideas and storyboards. This is an astronaut who has some frozen banana from a packet. I liked this design the most as i could design a good story around it whereas i could not find a good length of story around any of the others that i liked. I used pen and watercolour to show the reflection in the screen and to show how dark the background of space was behind the guy. I will now design 12 extended drawings around this idea before putting all of my designs into a storyboard to create a story about this character and bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment