Monday 25 January 2016

Visual Language- Study Task 2 - Captain Character- Rendered character

Rendered Character and Colour Concepts

This is my digitally drawn character that i have done to test out different colours schemes for her so i can see which one i would like for the final outcome. I really liked showing what my character would look like fully finished with different colour designs so i have shown 4 colour variations. This really let me see the possibilities of what i could do for my final design.

I also did the key next to it so if i were to come back to this page to animate, theres a colour pallet to go from so they can see which ones are the correct shade so each slide will be correct. As i went though this process, i found other colours i could use in the future that work really well but i went for the final one in the end. In the future if i do another warrior i really liked the other colour variations so i could use these in the future or if i were to design another character for the animation she would be in as they all work well together.

I will defiantly do this process in the future because even if you have a vision of your character clear in your head, there are always steps that you could do to improve the designs, i had a clear image of the armour until i did this and had to think hard about which one i wanted as i liked them all. This process really did turn out to be crucial in my decision on how she turned out with colour and therefor overall.

I have re-visited this page where i showed the different angles that Andromeda looks like in the views, this is because i wanted to see how she looked fully finished and in different views, like front, back and side. These turned out well as she really looks more animated as soon as you add colour and draw up digital versions. This also makes the page easier to understand which details are which and what she looks like overall. This also let me see the colour pallet i picked in different ways and let me decide if i defiantly wanted it for her when seeing it in different ways.

I have also made the head height more clear behind her and more distinct, as well as showing the final colour pallet in the top corner so you can see when they were used and tell where as well. I think after doing this page i will go onto doing more poses in digital as i feel it lets you see the character in a different light and it all become clearer. I will do this with more dynamic poses as it lets you see better views and really shows how the character moves and fights.

Here i am also showing the black and white version of the character. I simple went onto photoshop and changed some of the adjustments so they turned it black and white with the background staying the correct white and the shading standing out. I am still going onto do the other poses but this shows different forms of detail that are not obvious on all the coloured drawings of my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment