Monday 25 January 2016

Visual Language- Study Task 2 - Captain Character- Weapon Concepts and Finalised Design

Weapon Concepts and Finalised Designs

When designing my character i decided to make a warrior. As she is a warrior, she needs weapons. For this i did design sheets showing 4 designs of shields and 7 swords. I had some difficulty choosing which ones to draw so i went to the Royal Armouries and looked at the extensive weaponry they have on display there. I thought when they were left with pen outlines, they were too plain so i did them in pen and ink. This worked really well as the shields look warn and like wood, and the swords are really white on the blades, and dark and shaded on the hilt and detailing on the metal.


I found it was very important to have her with the correct weaponry so i made sure to research into different styles for different eras. This can be seen on the last shilled and second to last sword as they are clearly of a more Roman look and some are more like Greek Weaponry so i had to make sure to pick the correct designs for my character. This is why i chose the round shield and the third sword in. These match with my ear on the 14-15 century quite well and really look like they match her armour. I showed this by drawing her to one side to her correct hear height so i could see how big the weapons are to her size so when it comes to animating, people can see how big they should be.

I think this stage was done well as it is clear what i was drawing and i have looked at front back and sides for the shield and sword so different angles can show width and dimensions. I t also looks god with the character in colour as she is the finished design and this makes her stand out and her weapons look bold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment